Wednesday 7 November 2012

Multi-Tasks not Multitasking

Ahh yes.  It is a time of Multi-tasks as end of year marking commitments stand side by side with business development, event management (preparing for a business launch) and moving house.  In between there are other 'normal' life activities such as home time, children time and social connection time. 

A few days ago I was still in a time panic, wondering about time while in disbelief of the amount of tasks that required completion in that time.  My thoughts focused on time poverty - "I don't have enough time" and sure enough, given a little more nourishment and focus, this fear was really going to show itself in a dramatic way.

And then... I realised that there was in fact plenty of time.  There was as much time as I allowed, as long as I stopped calculating.  Rather like weighing yourself every day and becoming preoccupied about every fluctuation, watching time can end up a similar obsession.  Upon stopping the watch, I found there was plenty of time to breathe.  And surprise, surprise - there has been plenty of time to address every task as it arises. 

Multi-tasking without multitasking.
Addressing and completing single jobs quite completely without blurred vision from the frantic glances at the clock. 
I have even found time to relax and appreciate how fortunate I am to have good health, beautiful company and amazing smiles around me, in an amongst the tasks that call for completion. 

The calls are regular volume and reasonable weight.  Simply because I stopped worrying about the limiting factor. 

I wonder how often this approach would benefit me, us, people when getting focused on the limitations rather than the abundance.

So for now - I'm enjoying my new name "Time bender"

No comments:

Post a Comment